Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Lies and a Truth...

Lately I've been feeling a little under attack by the enemy and have found myself buying into some of his lies. The enemy is attacking right where he knows I'm weak and is using doubt and worry to creep in. Doubt and worry that things may not work out for my trip back to Uganda, doubt and worry that I made a mistake by moving back home. He's also been attacking myself esteem. I will admit...One of my weakest areas is my believing in my own self-worth at times. And maybe it's not even really self-worth, but more just insecurities in being single. It's not so much a "I'm worthless" sort of thing, but more "whats wrong with me that I am still single" kind of thing. I'm 32, have a successful career, I'm indepentent in a good way, so there must be something wrong with me...right? I was just chatting with a dear friend the other day about this and she reminded me that all these things are just Lies! Lies that the enemy uses to tear me down. Lies that couldn't be further from the Truth! So, I decided to compile a list of some of these lies and the Truth that God tells us to counter those lies...as much for myself as for anyone else...and I thought I'd would share! So...here we go...



Lie #1
"I made the wrong decision and now I've completely messed up God's plan."

Truth #1:
Jeremiah 29:11 ""For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.""



Lie #2
"What if I can't go on this trip now? What if it doesn't work out?" (Insert your own what if's, doubts and worries here). 

Truth #2
Philippians 4:6,7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."



Lie #3
"There is something wrong with you...that's the only explaination for why you're still single."

Truth #3
Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them"


Lie #4
"You are not beautiful."  "You're not good enough for the kind of guy you want."

Truth #4
Psalm 139: 13-15 "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth."

Proverbs 31:30 "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."


Lie #5
"I don't have the strength to keep going."  "I'm can't do what you're asking of me."

Truth #5
Isaiah 40:28-31 "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."


Lie #6
"The enemy is going to win"
Truth #6
Psalm 41:11 "By this I know that you delight in me: my enemy will not shout in triumph over me."

Psalm 32:7 "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."


And the greatest Truth of all:
1 John 4:16 "So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

So there are just a few of the Truths that God has been reminding me of lately!!  I could probably go on for much longer, but these are the ones that have been hitting home the most.  This faith journey is just that...a journey and part of a journey is finding your way.  Discovering and rediscovering His truths is one of the most important parts of that journey!  I find so much comfort in His words and truths that remind me of His perfect plans and Love for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment