Saturday, October 5, 2013
Going Home...
Today I spent most of the day doing things to get ready for my trip back to Uganda. This morning I had an appointment at a travel health clinic to get a prescription for my antimalarial medication and ended up having a really great conversation with the girl that runs the clinic. It was so fun to meet someone who really was a complete stranger but so interested in my trip and excited to hear about it! Then, this afternoon and evening I went shopping with my mom for some last minute items I needed for the trip. We even picked up a couple little things to take to Bobby! This day has been full of getting things ready and as I have been preparing for this trip I have been feeling more and more as if I am getting ready to go home! I know that may seem weird to a lot of you, but this huge piece of my heart is there and I feel like I'm going back to where my heart is! Please don't think that I don't love it here and love my family and friends here, because that is just not the case!! My heart is here with my family too!! But, ever since leaving Uganda almost a year ago now I have not felt as "at home" here. Almost as if my heart is split in two and it will never be the same again!! I know I will probably leave an even bigger piece of my heart there this time so forgive me friends if it takes me awhile to get back to "normal" here. I can't wait to put my feet back on that red soil and once again see some of the people who have changed my life forever!! I am so excited to see what God has in store this time and how He will continue to wreck my life in a beautiful way because of those beautiful people and that beautiful country!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment