Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Another year older...another year ending...a new year dawning.

It's New Years Eve, and yesterday was my birthday.  As I have been reflecting on the past year I am once again amazed at what God has brought me through and allowed me to experience in my life!  There have been times of great joy, and times of disappointment and sorrow.  Many things did not go how I expected or planned, but God has been faithful through it all!  I became an Aunt to the most amazing baby boy  and little heart warrior ever!  I was able to return to Uganda for a second time and fell even more in love  with that country than I already was!  My hopes of adopting have been put on hold, but I am at peace with it now.  So many things He has had his hand on in my life throughout this past year.  Is my life where I thought it would be as I turned 33 yesterday?  No, not exactly, but in many ways its been better than I could have imagined.  True there have still been disappointments, but I'm learning more and more that God's plan is Always better than my own, so it's much easier to just let Him have control in the first place!  So, as 2014 approaches, that is my plan...to let Him be in full control!  I am human so I am sure there will still be times I will try to hold on for dear life to "my plans", but I pray as I enter this new year I will be more open than ever before to where he leads and wants to do in my life!  I am so excited to see where God leads me in 2014, and am ready and willing to go and do whatever he has in store!  So, farewell 2013, you've been great...hello 2014 lets see what you've got in store!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment