"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10. God reminded me of this verse yesterday as I was fretting waiting on some test results. I got the test results later in the day and they seem good, but I am waiting to actually see my doctor again to know for sure. I can't help but be a little scared though. All these "what if" questions go through my head like "what if this is something serious?" or "what if they never figure out what is wrong". But then this still small voice keeps reassuring me that I don't need to fear, God is with me! As I kept reminding myself of that verse, I realized, that no matter what happens, God will bring me though it! Another verse I was reminded of yesterday is 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." That sound mind part is what I struggle with sometimes. I think being a nurse I over analyze things and do too much "research". I freak myself out thinking it could be the worst instead of laying it all at God's feet and resting in His arms. I think I should print that verse out and put it on my mirror or something to continue to remind myself of God's power and love over my life.
As I've been thinking about blogging more and reading other people's blogs I have been reminded just how blessed I am! True, I may be struggling with some annoying health issues, but I have my life, and my amazing family and friends! Things could be so much worse! I was reading a blog about a family who lost their baby boy to trisomy 18, and they were so uplifting and encouraging, even through their loss! Then I also read about a wife who lost her husband of nearly 20 years to leukemia. I am blessed! My family is healthy, I am not dealing with anything that I can't handle with God's help. Regardless of what the future holds for me, and what test results might show, God is with me! That's all I need to know!!
No comments:
Post a Comment