Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Feeling inspired...

I haven't done this in awhile, but I've had this sudden desire to start writing again. I'm not a great writer, or all that interesting, but I'm human and I have stories and experiences that affect me, and who I am so I thought I would put some of it into words. I've always been able to express myself better in writing than any other way, so I guess it would come natural for me to find this almost cathartic. I think a big reason I've had the desire to start writing is because of some of the things I've been dealing with lately. I've been dealing with some health issues since the summer and I've had a pretty big move in the middle of all of this too, so I think I've just come to a place where I need to get some of my thoughts and feelings out. I moved back to Indiana to be closer to my family and I love it! Being near family is so amazing and I'm so glad I made the move. A big part of that decision was because of some of the health problems I was having and feeling the need to be near my support system. I have been dealing with more of these health issues again lately and its becoming very frustrating. No one can seem to figure out what is going on. I've had test after test with nothing but normal results...which I realize is good, but when you're not feeling well and having real symptoms, it is very frustrating when there isn't an answer for why. This has all really reminded me of how much I just have to rely on God as my strength and trust in Him through all this. I know He has all the answers, but I just have to keep reminding myself of that. It's so easy to get frustrated and even scared sometimes not knowing what is going on. I'll admit there have been times I have been scared...really scared. I'm 30 and should not be having this many medical issues. And being a nurse doesn't help! I freak myself out by finding the worst possible thing it could be. Google and WebMD should be banned from my computer! It's like this little cartoon I saw that said "When I feel sick, I google my symptoms and usually find out that I have cancer". I have to just keep reminding myself of the verse Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." I know that in time this will all make sense and I will have the answers. I just have to learn to trust, and seek God as my strength. I guess that's what this journey is all about...finding our way along His Path and drawing nearer to him with every step!

No comments:

Post a Comment