I have been pretty MIA the last couple months. There's so much I could write about, but I fear it would take days to even come close! So much has happened in the last few months I could probably write a novel!
The biggest thing that has happened in the past few months is that I became an Aunt!! Bryson Kenneth was born on the evening of March 5th weighing 8lb 2oz and 21in long! My heart grew and I learned to love that night in ways I never imagined!! Seeing my sister become a mom gave me a new kind of love for her as well! She has made me so proud!! The day after Bryson was born was one of the scariest days of my life. We found out that Bryson was born with a severe heart defect that would require surgery pretty quickly and he was flown that afternoon to Riley. The next week was very scary for everyone involved! As a new Aunt I was so thrilled, and terrified all at the same time! I felt completely helpless and out of control! I can't even imagine how terrified my sister and brother-in-law must have been! They were brand new parents who should have been home learning what it was like to have a newborn keeping them up at night, when instead they were spending day and night by his hospital bedside hoping and praying their baby would make it through a complex heart surgery. My entire family began praying huge prayers for Bryson and his parents. We all began to cling to the One who we knew created Bryson and is the Great Physician! People all over the world were praying for Bryson and the prayers were answered in big ways!! Bryson had open heart surgery on March 11th and made it through with flying colors! He did better than anyone, including the doctor, expected! Bryson came home from the hospital a few days before Easter (again ahead of schedule) and has done very well ever since! He still has a long road, and will have to have another pretty major surgery when he's about 6-8 months old, but he is growing stronger everyday. The way God has had His hand on this entire situation has been amazing!! From the first morning when the doctor decided on intuition to get the test that found Bryson's defect and saved his life, to how well he did in surgery, and all the other little things He provided and continues to provide! God has had His hand on this precious baby boy from the day he was born, and we are all sooo grateful for everyone who has prayed for him along the way!
Some of the other things that have been going on in the last few months aren't as exciting as becoming an aunt, but I have been starting to settle into my new job here in Fort Wayne. So far I'm liking the new job and already starting to get to know a few of the girls I work with. I am also getting used to driving back and forth to Indy quite a bit. I go back to my church in Indy as often as I can. I'm praying God will lead me to a church here that I will be able to grow in like I have at Traders Point. In the meantime I'm going to get as much out of TPCC as I can!!
I continue to pray about an opportunity to return to Uganda someday. There are a couple opportunities later in the year that I'm especially praying about, but waiting for God to provide some clarity and discernment! In the meantime I still think about Uganda and all the people I love there all the time! I never knew how much a heart could be torn in two completely different directions until recently. Being home near my family, especially now with my nephew here, has never been so great. But, at the same time, my heart is still so drawn to Uganda and I miss it so much sometimes I can't stand it! I feel so conflicted at times! I know God has a perfect plan for my life, and so I will continue to put my life in His hands and let Him lead me where He wants me to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment