Mother's day is a day to celebrate the mothers in our lives and all that they do for us!! It's a wonderful day of celebration and appreciation. But, for some, it isn't always completely celebratory. For some it is a bittersweet day...myself included. Please, don't misunderstand me, I love my mom and all the moms in my life and I am sooo happy to celebrate this day and everything they do! However, for me as a single woman in my 30's Mother's Day can also serve as a reminder of the longing in my heart to mother a child of my own one day. My thoughts and the thoughts of many others are echoed Here.
This year has been a little more bittersweet than most for me in a couple of ways. I would be lying if I said there wasn't a small part of me that is a little envious of my younger sister becoming a mother this year. I am completely thrilled for her though and I absolutely hate seeing her go through so much with my nephew! And next to being a mom being an aunt is the best thing ever!! This time last year I really thought that by now I would be full throttle and well into the adoption process. I thought and hoped and prayed that maybe this would be my last Mother's day as a "non-mom", but God apparently has other plans for me right now. There is a baby half way around the world that I love so much!! I would love to someday hop on a plane and bring him home with me as my son, but I just don't think it is God's will, at least not right now. It hurts to have this ache and longing and feel your heart swell with love for this child, but have to leave them on another continent thousands of miles away! I want to be a mom so bad sometimes it hurts!! Mother's day can be hard, but I am so grateful that God has given me an amazing mom and given me so many wonderful women in my life who are great mom's to learn from when God does finally answer my prayer and longing to be a mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment