Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thy Will be done

Have you ever been so sure of something that no one could tell you anything that would change your mind? So sure that God was leading you down a certain path, and that all the little details that fell into place were just further confirmation that you were heading down the right path in His will? That's exactly how I felt the last time I wrote when I shared about Daniel and I! If you had told me 6 weeks ago that I'd be where I am today I wouldn't have believed you for a second!! I probably would have told you that you were crazy! But sometimes life takes really big turns and you end up on your knees in the middle of the new road pleading for answers or some sort of explanation! There you are, confused and alone wondering where you went wrong, or how you could have misread things so horribly! Well...unfortunately that's exactly where I am! Things with Daniel didn't work out...but not because of anything bad on his part or mine...just simply poor timing I suppose. I'm not going to lie and say I'm not heartbroken, because I am! In fact my heart is pretty shattered! I have more questions than answers...and more ache than peace right now. Hillary Scott captures exactly what I feel in her song "Thy Will"


"I'm so confused
I know I heard you loud and clear
So, I followed through
Somehow I ended up here
I don't wanna think
I may never understand
That my broken heart is a part of your plan
When I try to pray
All I've got is hurt and these four words
Thy Will be done, Thy Will be done, Thy Will be done!"

I don't know why this is happening or how I will move forward other than to just fall to my knees, let God hear my tears, and simply say "Thy Will be done!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment