Monday, June 11, 2012

Don't be Discouraged...

I've been struggling the last couple days feeling just a bit discouraged.  I'm so excited about this trip, but sometimes I feel like other people just don't understand it at all.  I know I have quite a few people who are totally supportive of me and this adventure I'm going on, but sometimes I feel like there are more people who really don't care or support it.  I've been a little discouraged about my fundraising efforts as well.  I know this is God ordained and that I just need to trust that HE will provide, but I'm struggling a bit when week after week I check my funraising site and there's not even a dollar more.  This trip is so important to me and I would love for the people I care about to get just as excited about it as I am, but I realize that may not be the case.  I also realized it shouldn't matter what other people think, that if God has called me to this, that's all that matters!  I remembered this verse this evening as I was feeling a little discouraged about all this.  "Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10 (NLT)  Right there in black and white He says "Don't be discouraged...I will help you"!!  How human I am that at the slightest little trial I become discouraged and lack faith!  Of course God is going to help me through this!  He called me on this trip, He will make it happen!  I keep hearing the words of a co-worker "If He calls you, He will equip you!"  So true!  I'm just reminded how human I am and how trusting God is a daily, even minute by minute step of faith!  It reminds of an amazing book I just read, "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers.  (If you haven't read it, do it...Now!!)  It's a novel somewhat based on the story of Hosea and Gomer.  I won't go too much into the details in case you haven't read it (which you will), but it is an amazing picture of God's unfailing, unrelenting, love for us even when we are the most undeserving of it!  It's a good thing He's so forgiving and understanding of me even when I become discouraged and forget to trust!  I know He is going to provide and that I just need to trust Him with all of this!  He'll take care of it!  I just have to remind myself of that everyday!!  And just keep saying "Don't be discouraged!  Don't be discouraged!  Don't be discouraged!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment