I am so far from perfect! But, I am learning as I go. I have realized recently how much I've grown in the last few years, and I'm so grateful for the journey God has taken me on. I think sometimes when you are raised in a Christian home and have grown up in church you can easily fall in to a pattern of mediocrity or almost begin to take your faith for granted. I admit that there have definitely been times along my walk when I have fallen into those patterns. I would love to say that that will never happen again, but I realized I am human and will most definitely face times in my future when things may not be as exciting or easy as they are now. In the past few years, and especially the last few months, I've learned more and more what it really means to completely surrender to God and His will. I've really learned how when you truely seek Him and let God guide you. He can do amazing things in your life and the lives of those around you. The lead pastor at my church challenged us a few weeks ago to take 30 days and pray for the people in our lives that may not be the easiest people to get along with, or that you may even consider an "enemy". He said even if those people may or may not necessarily be changed as a result, if we would allow God to work through us and those prayers that our hearts would be changed. While I admit I probably haven't been completely consistent with the 30 days part, I have been praying for these people whenever I know I may encounter them or when God places them on my heart, and the results have been quite humbling! I have found that God has really softened my heart and opened my eyes to see these people through His eyes and not my own. I've also noticed a difference in how these people have been reacting to me, and beginning to possibly soften their hearts some. I've discovered that even when I may find it difficult to love someone myself, if I pray and ask God to love them through me, He can and does show through me. The fact that God can use me, and work through me and my heart to begin to soften the heart of someone else is so incredibly amazing to me! I am just an ordinary girl!! Who am I that God would choose me to do some of His Kingdom work. In preparation for this trip to Uganda I am humbled to think that God will use me to show His love to some of these precious orphans. I cannot wait to get to love on those Children and see those smiling faces in person! I know that God is going to teach me so much more through them, than I will probably teach them. I look forward to learning more about Him and His love through this trip. Another thing I've learned first hand recently is how God can use me to do things I never thought possible on my own. This coming Sunday is the launch for the Life Group I will be leading through my church and I am still a little shocked that I am even doing this! But, I know it's all God's calling and leading that has brought me to this place where I now have the confidence to do something I never pictured myself doing. I am still a tad bit nervous about leading a group on my own, but I know that God will equip me to do this because he has called me to it. I am so excited by the things I've learned along my journey the last few years, and I am so excited to continue to learn and grow as I continue along this path God has me on!
No comments:
Post a Comment