There are things in life I don't think anyone enjoys. One of those things I think may be fundraising. I know I don't enjoy it. My trip to Uganda has a total cost of about $3500. I know that God has ordained this trip for me so I know He will provide the funds for me to go. Here's the tricky part in that though...what is MY part in that? I realized that chances are God is not going to just drop that money in my lap, although I do realize miracles are possible and it could happen, but I'm not going to count on that. So, that comes back to the original question of "what's my part?". I have really been praying about it and trying to come up with ways I can fundraise without having to resort to the old fashioned sponsorship letters. I have decided to try to sell some of the Acacia Necklaces that some of the women and children from Uganda actually hand make as a means of supporting themselves. I'm not a great salesman though, so I am not real sure how successful I'll be at that. I have also decided to tell some gold, as cheesy as that may seem. I have several pieces of old yellow gold jewelry that I got when I was much younger and it simply sits in my closet in the boxes and collects dust. I will never wear it again because I just don't like yellow gold anymore, so I decided if I was ever going to sell it for money it would be for a good cause. Well, I think I've found my good cause. I also decided to create a facebook page to sort of share my journey and tell people how to donate to my trip if they are interested. I realize God can and will provide, so I am just trusting that he will give me wisdom when it comes to fundraising and provide the funds for this trip. God is good! I know he'll make this happen!
Here's a link to my facebook page.
No comments:
Post a Comment