Thursday, May 31, 2012

Careful what you wish for...

I really believe sometimes that God has a sense of humor! I mean we are all formed in His image and we have a sense of humor so doesn't it make sense that He does as well!? I had to laugh the other day at the way God does things in my life that I think must make Him chuckle a little. I was looking through a journal I use to take notes on the sermons every Sunday at church, and I came across the 4 pages of notes I had written the Sunday our pastor did a sermon on Vision. On the last page of notes was a section of notes I titled "What is my part in all this?". The very last bullet point read this: "Pray for God to ignite a passion within you to serve His Kingdom." I chuckled. Little did I know when I began praying that prayer 4 or 5 months ago that I would end up in Uganda this fall!! It's almost as if I heard God say "Careful what you wish for..." with a little chuckle in His voice. I can't help but smile thinking about how God knew all along this would be the path He was about to lead me on and I was completely oblivious! I know that the passion I have for adoption and orphans has always been there even since I was little, but when I began praying that prayer a few months ago something inside me began to stir like it never has before! Clearly God knew exactly what he was doing! When I think of all the things he orchestrated to get me where I am today I am completely amazed. He led me to a church where I would begin to grow in a way I never have before, had me sitting there for that specific sermon that led me to begin praying that prayer, placed me in a membership group with an awesome leader who "got me" and said I HAD to read the book Kisses From Katie, where I then found the Visiting Orphans website and this trip!! I never could have planned all that even if I had tried! When I think of this trip I become almost giddy with anticipation! I read over the bios that our trip leaders posted on the group facebook page and I was again amazed at how God planned out for each and every one of us to be on this trip! I fully believe we were each hand-picked by Him to be this group and go together to Uganda for His service! It amazes me that God chose ME! I am a completely normal, ordinary girl that makes lots of mistakes, and yet He has decided to use ME! How awesome is that!?! I am so humbled and privileged that he sees something in me that can be used for His work in Uganda! I have no idea what is in store for me, but I know my life is never going to be the same! I can't wait to meet each and every member of this team and spend time together building relationships with one another, and more importantly building relationships with the amazing children and adults we will be serving in Uganda! I can't believe this is my life and I get to be part of all this! I appreciate God's sense of humor and the way He always knows what we are about to ask for, even when we don't have a clue what we are in for!

No comments:

Post a Comment