I know over the next few months God will be preparing me for this trip in many ways and teach me lessons sometimes maybe even in some unexpected ways. Saturday my lesson happened at the nail salon. I was getting a pedicure and thoroughly enjoying it, when the people of Uganda popped in my head. Here I was pampering myself getting a pedicure when many of the children and adults in Uganda don't even have shoes or clean water to wash their feet in. Many of them walk miles and miles sometimes everyday in bare feet over hard dirt roads. In that moment God reminded me of the little things...little thing to appreciate and not take for granted! He also reminded me how blessed I am with everything I have! God keeps reminding me of these little things and I keep learning. I'm sure there will be many more lessons and reminders in the months to come and can't wait! I want to be like a sponge and just soak up as much as I can in preparation for this trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment