I just spent a wonderful weekend with my parents, who are amazing! They came down to visit me and spent the weekend with me helping me with some stuff around my house. We were able to take an evening and go to an Indianapolis Indians baseball game with my aunt, uncle, and cousins which was a lot of fun. We had a great morning at church on Mothers Day and took my mom out for lunch. It was a great weekend with them! I realize how blessed I am to have such an amazing family who is so loving and supportive. But even as great as this weekend has been, I found myself at times thinking about this trip I'm about to go on and all the children around the world that don't have a family. Yesterday, on Mother's Day, I found myself in the midst of being so happy and enjoying my time with my mom, still feeling sad at times thinking about those precious kids out there who don't have a mom to love them. I am not a mom, but as I think about this trip and those kids my heart just swells with love! My heart aches to love on those children. Its almost as if I can feel my heart growing in preparation for this trip and the children I will come in contact with. God has placed a definite burden on my heart for orphans, and now specifically these orphans I will be serving in Uganda! I can't wait to meet them and love on them like they deserve to be loved!
No comments:
Post a Comment