Well...I'm sitting here on my flight to Washington D.C. where I will meet up with the rest of my team. I absolutely cannot belieflve this day is here!! It is so surreal! In roughly 24 hours I will be in Africa about to begin a journey that God has been preparing me for for many months...perhaps even longer! I can only hope and pray that my heart is ready and open for everything He will have for me there. I know in my heart of hearts that God has something amazing in store for this trip and I can't wait to see what that is!
As I have been preparing for this trip I have been blown away by the snout of support and encouragement I have received. As I said goodbye to my parents thus morning at the airport I am pretty sure I saw some tears in my dad's eyes as he told me how proud of me he is. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. How blessed I am to have such wonderful friends and family that love and support and encourage me!! My best friend sent me a card about heroes and how she thinks I am one. I don't feel much like a hero. I am just doing what God has called us all to do...love the orphans and widows (James 1:27). It just so happens that he's called me at this time to Africa for two weeks.
As I think about this journey ahead I am so humbled He has chosen me! I am such an ordinary girl with lots of failures and time that I really mess up! But I've learned over the past few weeks that its in those weaknesses and failures that God can use you most! He uses our weakness to show His strength! I pray that during this trip I am able to let Him work through me and that I don't let my human emotions, desires, or shortcomings to get in the way of His leading. A few months ago at church our pastor mentioned in times when you feel like you just can't love someone enough to let Him love them through you. I pray that God will love these kids and the people I meet along this journey through me! That in the moments when I feel emotionally drained or have moments of insecurity I will allow God to use me anyway and show His love through my weakness! I can only pray that I am open to His divine appointments and have a heart and mind open to His leading! This trip is His!!
No comments:
Post a Comment