Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Eleven days and counting?

Well...in 11 days I am supposed to be leaving for Uganda!  I am feeling a little better about it, but I am still having the same health issues, so I'm still pretty unsure of how that will effect my trip.  I found one of the baby homes we are scheduled to visit on facebook, and they have pictures of all their babies on their page.  Seeing those adorable faces made me remember why I am doing this!  I just want to love on those precious babies so badly!  I think I've been really holding back getting too excited about it because I just keep waiting for something to happen that will keep this from really happening.  It's only 11 days away, but I am still so afraid it won't happen, especially with the health problems I've been having.  No, it's nothing that serious and it doesn't really prevent me from functioning, but it's a lot of discomfort sometimes and inconvenience that may only be exaggerated being in someplace like Africa.  I know I should just have faith, and trust that it will all work out, but it's so hard when I'm less than 2 weeks away and not feeling any different.  Not to mention, I really don't want to be a hindrance to my team.  I don't want to hold them back or interfere with our ministry.  I am just so torn.  I want so badly to be excited and looking forward to this trip, but I'm afraid to get too excited in case something happens.  This is all so surreal.  I have so many mixed emotions I am not quite sure what to feel.  I think a lot of this goes back to another mission trip I had wanted to go on, and then had health problems that prevented me from going.  So, I can't help but think the past may repeat itself.  I am trying to turn it all over to God and trust that He has everything under control.  I realize that He has provided so much in order for me to go on this trip, so I shouldn't worry I won't be able to go.  I don't know if anyone really even reads this blog, but if so I am asking anyone who does to continue to pray for me, this trip, and my team.  I can use all the prayers, support, and encouragement the next couple weeks I can get!  Thank you!   


You know...it's funny how quickly God can change your heart or send comfort.  Just in the few minutes since I've posted this I am already starting to feel more at peace about this.  I don't know if any of you have been praying already, but it's working.  Thank you so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment