I miss Uganda,
the children,
and people!
I miss all the people I met there so much sometimes it hurts!! My heart aches for one more sweet hand in mine, one more bear hug, or one more snuggle from a sweet baby. The people I met there have left a permanent mark on my life, and now there is a huge chunk of my heart still there in Uganda. I miss those kids, three in particular, so much my heart hurts. Those three precious children, each in their own way, left a huge impression on my heart and leaving them was like leaving a member of my own family behind. It still brings tears to my eyes at times just thinking about them. My heart will never be the same!!
Since I returned I have been doing a lot of praying, thinking, more praying, and processing all of this. God has been molding my heart and has really began to reveal some things to me in the past few days. One thing God has very CLEARLY been teaching me is that sometimes His plans aren't fully revealed until we take that first STEP OF FAITH. Visiting Orphans provided us with three devotional books, one for before, during, and after the trip. Yesterday there was a small passage in the Reflect book that really hit all this home for me.
"'God can't steer you if you aren't moving.' Start moving. Start doing what you think God is calling you to do, and if he wants to change the direction, he will. But he can't change your direction when you are just sitting there."
Then, just to drive it home a little more, a dear friend from my trip encouraged me with the same passage and sweet words. So...I'm taking that step of faith (more to come on what that is). I'm ready to give it all to HIM and see where He leads! In the meantime, that part of my heart will always be in Uganda and with those children!!
No comments:
Post a Comment