Monday, December 31, 2012

A new year...

As I reflect on the past year I am amazed at how God has molded me and shaped me! Even reading through old blog posts I'm a little amazed that it was really me who wrote them. There is a maturity in some of them I wondered if I would ever have. God has shaped my heart and laid a passion on it for Uganda and Africa I never would have dreamed. Even just a year ago if you would have asked me if I would ever go to Africa I would have said no way. I never dreamed I would go to Africa, let alone fall completely in love with a country and the people there so much I am still looking and praying for any opportunity to go back! I have learned so much about the faithfulness of God and His provision for our lives! I have fallen in love with God in a way I never have before, and I have learned so much about what being in true relationship with Him means. I'm still not anywhere near perfect and know I won't ever be, but I am learning each day to give myself over to Him and His purposes and He can do the rest. There are so many things I have to look forward to in the coming year, but for the first time ever, I think, I am actually kind of sad to see 2012 go because of all the things I've done and learned! However, I also know you can't live in the past so I am looking forward to what God has in store for me in 2013 with great anticipation! I know it will be a year of joy welcoming a new baby into our family and me personally getting to be an aunt! But I also know it could be a year of challenges and even possible disappointments because of where I know God is already leading me. I will step ahead in faith though and continue to look forward to everything that will come my way. I will meet each bump in the road the best I can and turn to Him for guidance when I fall. I am so excited to see where God leads and I am looking forward to the adventure! Bring it on 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment