I should be going to bed right now, but I just can't without putting this in writing. Without going into a lot of details there are some things, one or two in particular, that have become really uncertain in the last few weeks and I have begun to feel more and more lost and unsure. I have felt like maybe I have made a wrong decision at some point or that I somehow stepped off God's chosen path for me. This morning at church I bumped into a dear friend and someone I've really come to think of as a mentor and huge roll model. I shared with her some of the things I'm dealing with and feeling so uncertain and lost about and she gave me some great counsel and then she took my hands and prayed with me! I am so grateful for that moment this morning and her wise words of encouragement! That was the first God moment of my day. Among many other things, one thing she told me was that sometimes God closes doors in order to guide us to another path. It doesn't necessarily mean the path you were on was wrong, just that God wanted to change your direction at that time. It doesn't always make sense to us because we are human and can never fully understand His ways. She suggested maybe one thing I could do in order to help discern God's leading is to start carrying a journal with me everywhere I go so that whenever a song, or passage of Scripture, or something someone says speaks to me I can write it down right away and even pray over it right then. So, after church I stopped at the Christian bookstore and bought a little pocket size journal to have with me. And...of course as I drove to the store I heard a song that fit perfectly with my current situation and reminded me to just hold onto God's promises. So, as soon as I bought the journal I put it to use! I immediately wrote down what spoke to me through that song. That was the second God moment of my day! The other thing my friend said to me this morning that really stuck with me was something I already know, but she worded in a way that really convicted me. She said I just need to continue to do what I know and "stay in the Word, and on my knees". That "on my knees" part is what really got me. Admittedly my prayer life has never been great. It has gotten better in the last year, but I know it still isn't what it should be. So, after being reminded and convicted of that this morning I decided to be intentional about that this evening. I had a very intentional devotional time and then I did something I probably haven't done since I was a small child...I got down and knelt beside the bed and prayed. Immediately it was almost as if as I knelt there praying out loud, pouring my heart out to God I felt His presence wrap around me, almost as if He were physically there holding me! I am not sure if I've ever felt that before during prayer. And maybe that says a lot about my less than perfect prayer life, but a sense of peace that passes all understanding came over me in that moment as tears streamed down my face. I knew in that moment that even though I may not understand or know exactly what is going to happen God has me and this whole situation right in the palm of His hands!! That was the third God moment today! Three very real moments that God showed up and really spoke to me and showed me His presence. All three in different ways, but all things I desperately needed! Thank you Lord for knowing me inside and out and providing these little moments just when I need them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment