Monday, August 13, 2012

Jehovah Jireh!!

I am by no means a theologian, but I have been in church and heard enough sermons and studies that I do remember learning about some of the different Jehovah names of God.  Jehovah Nissi-The Lord My Banner.  Jehovah Rapha-The Lord that Heals.  Jehovah Shalom-The Lord is Peace,  Jehovah Jireh-The Lord Will Provide.  I now have a much deeper understanding of that last on: Jehovah Jireh!  The Lord Will Provide!!  It's true that God has always provided for me in my life, I've never really been without anything I truly needed, but I had never really experienced the kind of Provision I have in the last few days or completely understood the full meaning of Jehovah Jireh.  As of this past Friday (today is Monday) I was a little over $700 short from being able to make my first payment of $2200 to book my flights for my trip to Uganda.  I had come to a place through prayer where I was completely at peace with whatever happened, but I was really starting to think maybe this trip wasn't going to happen.  I never really gave up hope, but I was ready to accept it if it didn't work out.   I knew that His plan was best!  I laid it all in God's hands and I knew that if it was truly His will for me to go on this trip He would have to provide...And PROVIDE HE DID!!! Thanks to some generous contributions from my amazing friends and family I received enough donations to meet my $2200 goal today!!  I am so humbled and grateful for the amazing way God has provided and for the generous contributions of everyone!!  I AM going to Uganda!!!  I am so excited I can't stand it!  I have been excited all along, but until now I don't think it was completely real. Now that the money is there and our plane tickets are actually being purchased it's all becoming very real!!  It's hard to believe that 2 months from TODAY I will be boarding a plane to Africa!!  It's amazing how God works, and how He provides!   I know there still may be some hurdles ahead, but I know now more that ever that our amazing Jehovah Jireh will provide!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has helped make this possible!!  Our God is amazing!!  I am forever grateful!!




"And he said, Lay not thy hand upon the lad, neither do thou anything unto him.  For now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son, from me.  And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold, behind him a ram caught in the thicket by his horns.  And Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt-offering instead of his son.  And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah-jireh. As it is said to this day, In the mount of Jehovah it shall be provided." Genesis 22:14 ASB

No comments:

Post a Comment