Friday, August 24, 2012

This desire is REAL!!

I read this blog yesterday.  Jen Hatmaker - The Truth About Adoption: One Year Later  It is such an amazingly honest look at what adoption is really like!  Some may read this and think that a single woman who may have been contemplating adoption on her own would read this and seriously reconsider whether adopting is something a single woman should do.  I read this and it only confirmed my desire to pursue this!  She talks about the different stages that a family goes through during the first year after adoption, and all the ups and downs...many more downs than a lot of people might think, but the rewards and blessings that God brings to those who trust in Him through the process are totally worth all those hard moments.  I have no illusions that adopting on my own would be an easy process or something that would happen tomorrow.  There are a LOT of things that would have to "fall" into place in order for it to even be possible for me.  Some of the most obvious things that I would have to overcome are the financial aspects, childcare when I work, and just becoming a single mom.  God has actually blessed me recently with a new job that will possibly allow me to be home more and be a little more realistic for even the early stages of researching and pursuing the early stages of adoption.  I got a job on the St. Vincent NICU/Pediatric transport team.  It will be one 24hr shift and one 12hr shift a week, and it's more on day shift than nights!  Maybe my body will actually start so sort of feel what it's like to be a little more "normal".  Adoption is not something I'm jumping into right away, or taking lightly at all!  I am praying about it, educating myself, and trying to start networking a little bit with other single adoptive moms/and families.  I'm hoping my friends and family will be supportive and understanding as I seek God's leading and will for my life.  I know this trip to Uganda will change me and may lead to something more, but I'm also trying to to have any unrealistic expectations for the trip either.  I'm just trying to pray and seek God's leading.  His plan is what I want and what is best!  All I know, is this desire he's given me to adopt is REAL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment